Saturday, July 14, 2012

JULY MOVIE QUOTE QUIZ!!!!

One of the things I have heard about my contests is that they are kind of hard.  I do try :)...

I thought I would try to be a little more mainstream this month.  These are the top 20 entries in a list that the American Film Institute did some years back.  These quotes were voted the top 20 American movie quotes of all time.  The usual rules apply...the name of the movie from which the movie comes is worth one point, and the actor or actress who spoke the line (not the character) is also worth 1 point.  This amounts to 40 total points, so there are many opportunities!!  Feel free to team up with others, but only one prize will be awarded for the winner or winning team.  I will take entries until July 28, so that gives everyone two weeks to get entries to me.  PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR ENTRIES TO ME AT losbascoms@mac.com OR SEND ME A PRIVATE FACEBOOK MESSAGE.  I WILL DELETE ANSWERS LEFT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION...ALSO, NO LOOKING THEM UP ON THE INTERNET :)  The winner receives a $10 Trader Joe's card...if there is a tie, I will figure out a tie breaker later.  Good luck, and have fun!!
 

1) "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

2) "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse"

3)  "I coulda had class.  I coulda been a contender."

4)  "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

5)  "Here's looking at you kid."

6)  "Go ahead, make my day."

7)  "All right, Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close up."

8)  "May the force be with you."

9)  "Fasten your seat belts.  It's going to be a bumpy night."

10)  "You talkin' to me?"

11)  "What we have here is failure to communicate."

12)  "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

13)  "Love means never having to say your sorry."

14)  "The stuff dreams are made of."

15)  "ET phone home."

16)  "They call me Mister Tibbs!"

17)  "Rosebud"

18)  "Made it Ma!  Top of the world!"

19)  "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."

20)  "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

No comments:

Post a Comment