Monday, May 13, 2013

Another Dad Movie Memory

As the next Star Trek movie is almost ready to be released in the theaters, I keep thinking up the time I saw JJ Abrams' first installment of his "Star Trek" reboot back in 2009.  My parents were set to come out and visit us in Minnesota that May, and I thought it would be a great idea to wait to see the movie until dad was out on his trip.  We went down to the Mall of America.  I loved the movie, and it was fun to see the movie with him, since I had grown up watching "Star Trek" many nights at the dinner table at our home in Southern California.  The main thing I remember about that day was that when the movie ended, my dad burst into applause all by himself in the movie theater.  The theater wasn't that full as I recall, so his applause was pretty much the only applause in the room.  Needless to say, he liked the movie a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment