Friday, April 12, 2013

Jonathan Winters

I have so many memories of movies growing up, but one that made an indelible impression on me was the sight of Jonathan Winters riding a crooked girls bike down the road in "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World".  He was a truly gifted comic who came from left field on almost everything.  I remember one time seeing an episode of the Tonight Show wherein he and Robin Williams were both guests.  It was as uproarious as you would expect, but the image I will always remember from that show is that Jonathan Winters came out to the guest chair wearing a Union Civil War uniform...for no reason.

My family and I love "Mad World", though it has been awhile since I have watched it.  Maybe I will put it in again, and watch Jonathan Winters ride that bike, pummel Phil Silvers, and argue with Dick Shawn in the pit under the big W (or, the "big dubya", as Winters would have put it).

He will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment